Wednesday, May 4
1048 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20007
- OBX surf trip (May 13-15)
- Cleanup activities
- Open positions sign-up: River Outreach, Waves, Fundraisers
- Film Screening: Ocean Frontiers
- Hands Across the Sand Event
Special Guests: Jeff Kelble, President, and Maria Barry, Director of Development, from the Potomac Riverkeeper Network
Open to the floor
Now is the Time to Speak Up!
The next few weeks are a crucial time to make your voice heard on both planned seismic testing in the Atlantic and the Proposed 5 Year Drilling Plan. See below for more information on how to express your views to decision makers and resouces you can reference for your comments
Read Surfrider’s comments on the Proposed 5 Year Plan click here
Submit your own comments on the Proposed 5 Year Plan click here and follow instructions below:
BOEM requests that commenters follow these instructions to submit their comments via this Web site:
(1) In the search tab on the main regulations.gov page, search for BOEM– 2016–0003.
(2) Locate the document, then click the ‘‘Submit a Comment’’ link either on the Search Results page or the Document Details page. This will display the Web comment form.
(3) Enter the submitter information and type the comment on the Web form. Attach any additional files (up to 10 MB). (BOEM cannot ensure the security or confidentiality of information sent via the internet; therefore such information should be provided by U.S. mail as provided in the Public Comment Procedure section of this notice.)
(4) After typing the comment, click the ‘‘Preview Comment’’ link to review. Once satisfied with the comment, click the ‘‘Submit’’ button to send the comment.
More Information: http://www.surfrider.org/coastal-blog/entry/your-voice-needed-atlantic-protected-from-drilling-but-seismic-threat-remai
I never thought I’d be carrying a surfboard into the White House…but there I was, a Surfrider volunteer with boardbag in hand, entering one of the most secure complexes in DC with a 5’1″ wood board shaped by FireWire.
Is Tonight! Patagonia Georgetown, 7pm. Bring smiles.
That is all.