Join our Team!!
November Elections are upon us! Open positions include: Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary.
If you are interested in learning more about these positions & committees, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice Chair – Must be a Surfrider Foundation Member, approximately 2 to 10 hours a week, 2-year commitment, one chapter meeting per month and or Executive Committee meeting per month.
The Vice-Chairman shall perform duties that usually pertain to this office or as may be assigned by the Chairman or the Executive Committee. Typically, as Vice Chair you are being cultivated and trained to transition into the Chair role. This is not a mandatory requirement, but it is pretty standard.
• Runs meetings in the Chair’s absence.
• Performs other duties of the Chair as needed.
• Ideally chairs a committee of the chapter, either event, program, member development, or campaign committee.
• Contributes to the chapter’s website and social media pages.
Treasurer – Must be a Surfrider Foundation Member, approximately 2 to 10 hours a week, 2-year commitment, one chapter meeting per month and or Executive Committee meeting per month.
The Treasurer is responsible for the Chapters Financial records and keeping the chapter complaint with our guidelines. The Treasurer receives and disburses, with the approval of the Chapter Executive Committee, all Chapter funds; pays to Surfrider Foundation National all financial obligations of the Chapter as they come due; and keeps an accurate account of all transactions. The Treasurer shall answer questions related to the financial reports to the Chapter or Surfrider Foundation National upon request, and shall transmit the accounts and all undistributed funds to the successor in office. The Treasurer along with the Chairman will be a co-signatory on the chapter bank account.
• Establish and or maintain chapter bank account with proper signers
• Report chapter financial transactions at monthly meetings
• Expend chapter funds as decided by the chapter Executive Committee
• Submit quarterly financial reports to the national office
• Pay chapter bills on time including PO Box and or storage space if applicable
• Supply donor information to Secretary for thank you letters
• Adheres to the Chapter Financial Manual Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines
Secretary – Must be a Surfrider Foundation Member, 2 to 10 hours a week, 2-year commitment, one chapter meeting per month and or Executive Committee meeting per month.
The Secretary is responsible for the Chapters records (minutes) and correspondence. The Secretary keeps an accurate record of the meetings and topics of discussion of the Chapter and of the Executive Committee; and transmits the same to the successor in Office. The Secretary is responsible for sending monthly reports to Surfrider Foundation National Headquarters and is also a primary contact to National Headquarters.
• Takes notes at chapter meetings, including key decisions and action items, and distributes to attendees and Regional or National Staff in a timely manner (i.e. within one week of the meeting)
• Sends meeting reminders via email. This could be delegate or shared • Writes letters to outside parties as needed including elected officials, donors, and others deserving thanks from the chapter
• Contribute to the chapter’s website and social media pages
• Maintain a supply of chapter stationary
• Maintain EC member’s info in the Chapter Database
• Possibly – communicate to the chapter membership via mass emails
DC Surfrider is continuously seeking members for our Volunteer Committee and Cleanup Committee!
Join our Volunteer Committee which is lead by our Volunteer Coordinator, Lauren. If interested, email her at Surfrider DC Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com
• Brainstorming fun, unique and engaging events for our volunteers
• Helping plan and coordinate events for our volunteers
• Assisting in volunteer recruitment event
• And more!
Join our Cleanup Committee which is lead by our Cleanup Coordinator, Megan. If interested, email her at Surfrider DC Cleanup Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
• Brainstorming new areas around DC to organize cleanups
• Helping plan and coordinate cleanup events
• And more!