Our December chapter meeting is TOMORROW — this Wednesday, January 4 at 7pm at Lululemon in Georgetown. Come meet up with your fellow DC Chapter members, hear about what’s going on, and then grab some food and drinks after.
On the agenda:
* Julie Lawson will be talking about DC’s pending legislation to ban polystyrene (Styrofoam) and the chapter’s plans to support the bill
* December/January book club (we’re reading The Wave)
* The chapter’s January Polar Bear Plunge team
* The Water Resources Development Act (WRDA)
* Our 2014 event calendar
…phew! Lots to talk about!
As with recent tradition, we’ll head to Nick’s Riverside Grill on the Washington Harbor (a new, local watering hole for the chapter) to enjoy delicious grub and drinks.
All are welcome to attend our chapter meetings, including non-Surfrider members. Come for two minutes or two hours! If you’re on Facebook, you can RSVP here: https://www.facebook.com/events/413670745425352/
Come down to Lululemon in Georgetown tonight (Wednesday, November 6) at 7pm for our monthly chapter meeting!
We’ll recap our awesome activities from October and discuss our even more awesome November activities.
Afterwards, for those interested, we’ll walk over to Tackle Box for some celebratory fish tacos and drinks.
Come out to Lululemon in Georgetown (map) for our July chapter meeting this Wednesday, July 10 at 7pm.
We’ll be discussing upcoming events for the chapter, Swim for Life open water swim, elections for executive committee positions, and past event updates. All are welcome, including non-members!
The next chapter meeting is on Wednesday, October 17 at 7pm at the Lululemon in Georgetown (map).
At this upcoming meeting, we will discuss:
- the planning of our plastics campaign
- a recap of the Surfrider East Coast Conference
- outstanding member discussion items
All are welcome to attend! If you’d like, join the event on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/356465081109607/